Date 6th December 2023
Time 2PM – 5PM
ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS THAT DESIGNERS FACE is how to source and work effectively with their manufacturers, whether they are managing production in the UK or offshore. Buyers consistently complain that the production from British designers is not up to standard or their orders arrive late and once you damage your reputation it is hard to build it up again.
This interactive session, part of the Design Create Sell series of workshops, is essential for any designer/maker or SME that is planning to outsource their production or is experiencing problems with their manufacturing. It will give you an understanding of sampling, production and quality control procedures, and the systems you need to have in place in order to avoid expensive mistakes.
Delivered by fashion industry expert Alison Lewy MBE and author of Design Create Sell – a guide to starting and running a fashion business, it will cover the following:
By the end of the session you will have the confidence to communicate effectively with your suppliers and manage your production effectively.
Each participant will also be given the Fashion Angel Production Pack – essential templates and measuring guides that you can use for your own sampling / production.
• All event bookings are online on a first come first serve basis – book early to avoid disappointment
• Tickets must be booked in advance or you will be refused entry
• Business Club members receive a 20% discount but must reserve their place through the Eventbrite system using the promo code provided
• Booking is made via the Eventbrite online bookings system. Once you have confirmed your order, you will be directed to a secure website to pay.
• You don’t require a Paypal account to pay (you can use a credit or debit card), but if you do have a Paypal account, this can be used.
Any discounts offered may be withdrawn at any time if not paid for
• Please print out your ticket and bring with you if a physical event.
• Participants are advised to arrive promptly otherwise the organisers may not allow them to join the session late as is disruptive to other delegates.
• Fashion Angel reserves the right to change the event advertised whether through the website www.http://fashion-angel.co.uk/ or any other promotional material
• Bookings are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organiser
Keep updated with industry news, events and special offers