Please note application information collected through the ‘Get Started’ or ‘Apply Now’ on the Start Up Loan pages of the website, or passed to us from the Start Up Loans website, is handled by a different policy as the information provided is specifically related to that product. Please click here to view the policy.
Who are we?
Fashion Angel, 62 Sutton Crescent, Barnet, EN5 2SS
Data Protection Officer
Our DPO is Alison Lewy. If you have any questions about this policy please contact us.
The basis upon which we deal with Your Personal Data
By entering your details on the Fashion Angel website, and by using services provided by Fashion Angel, you provide certain information voluntarily . By providing your consent, you agree that you have given your express permission for us to market you regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you . Fashion Angel may require, contact details, address, areas of interest and other information from time to time, this information is collected to improve the provision of and to enable us to provide the service/s to you. We have a legitimate interest in collecting additional information from Business Club Members in order to supply products and services that a part of membership benefits.
When you use the Fashion Angel website, we record your Internet Protocol (IP) which is automatically sent by your browser.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including telephone & email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Information from 3rd parties
We also get information from 3rd parties, for example some websites may provide a link to Fashion Angel, we may collect log data from those sites, information about your visit to the site, any purchases made, or any interests in another service, and we may use this information to tailor your experience with Fashion Angel.
We collect information about the type of device you are using, operating systems, and settings, this helps us understand when something breaks. The information we collect is also dependent on the type of device and the settings on the device.
How your personal data is used
In order to provide our services to you it is necessary to collect the information we do. This allows us to provide an interesting, relevant and personal experience. The information may be used to:-
- Maintain internal record keeping
- Improve the products and services offered to you
- Marketing of Fashion angel activities, products and services we provide
- Contact you for the provision of the service/s
- Start Up Loan application (if applicable)
- Answer questions and comments
In addition to the above, with your consent we may:-
- Contact you for market research
- Send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting
- Remember you across different browser sessions, so you don’t have to login each time you visit the site
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How your personal information is shared
Some of the information you provide is shared with 3rd parties to comply with law or enable us to provide a service to you. We share information with:-
- Payment companies used to make payment for a purchase from Fashion Angel. The information shared is what is necessary for you to make the payment.
- If requested by law enforcement or government agencies to comply with the law.
Security, storage and retention of data
We are committed to ensuring your data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised personnel. We will hold your details for as long as services are relevant, in instances whereby we have legal right to such information & retain records indefinitely, or accordance with the separate Start Up Loan policy.
We may store the information we hold about you outside of your home country. The privacy policies and laws to access your information by law enforcement in these countries may be different to your home country. If data is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will take additional security measures to protect your information. All parties outside the EEA will be GDPR compliant.
You have options which you can apply in relation to the information we have about you. The options are explained below:-
- If you wish to access the information we hold about you, we’ll provide it within 30 days of receiving your request. Subject Access Requests(SAR) must be made using the SAR form. You can request this from email@example.com. You must provide evidence as to your identity, in the form of a current passport/driving license.
- If you wish to update the information we hold about you, please contact us, or if you wish to have your information deleted you can ask us to stop using your information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for removal of your details. All our electronic marketing material carries an unsubscribe option, so you can also unsubscribe at any time.
- You can ask us to send the electronic information we hold about you to another organisation, where it is technically possible to do.
- If you think we haven’t complied with the data protection laws, please let us at Fashion Angel know in the first instance,
- If you wish to log a complaint, this should be sent to the Data Controller at email@example.com. We will aim to respond within 30 days. If you are unsatisfied with how a complaint has been handled, you can log a complaint to the ICO or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF