Fashion Angel is a fashion business accelerator with nearly 10 year experience in offering mentoring & business support to both start-up and established fashion industry entrepreneurs.
What are the Start-up and Innovator Schemes?
The Start-up and Innovator visa categories are for non-European Economic Area nationals wishing to set up a business in the UK. If you want to know more about the new visas, please visit the UK Government information here: Start-up visa Innovator visa
The Start-up category is for early-stage, but high growth potential entrepreneurs who are starting a business in the UK for the first time. They may have already begun setting up their business, but it should not yet have commenced trading.
The Innovator category is for more experienced entrepreneurs that have already run a business and are seeking to establish and develop a new innovative business idea with high growth potential, but have yet to start trading it in the UK.
To qualify for a visa, applicants must obtain an endorsement from an approved endorsing body – Fashion Angel is the only official endorsing body working specifically with the fashion sector. We only consider Start-up and Innovator visa endorsement applications from individuals whose business ideas demonstrate innovation, viability and scalability and who are being supported through our programmes.
What is the Start-up visa?
- For early-stage but high potential entrepreneurs (who want to start a business in the UK for the first time).
- No funds are required (applicants do not need any funds to invest in their business at this stage).
- Two-year visa offered (it offers a one-off, two-year visa, during which the applicants will spend the majority of their time developing their businesses but can also take on other work outside of their businesses to support themselves).
- You can bring your family members (successful applicants can bring their family members (spouses/partners and children under 18 can be brought into the UK); and Switch to Innovator visa (at the end of the two years, applicants can switch into the Innovator category to extend their stay and develop business in the UK).
- All individuals on a Fashion Angel business support programme can request endorsement for their Start Up Visa application at no additional cost.
- You may be required to provide proof of ID with a valid passport and some additional evidence may be requested.
Please note: If accepted on our business support programme it means you meet initial eligibility criteria and the programme will help ensure you meet the endorsement criteria, but does not guarantee endorsement.
What is the Innovator visa?
- For more experienced business people (who seek to establish a business in the UK).
- £50,000 required (applicants need a minimum of £50,000 funding available to invest in their business – proof will be required).
- You must work 100% on the business (innovators must work entirely on developing their business ventures and not take on other employment outside their business) This includes anything that effectively amounts to employment, such as using their own business to hire out their labour to another employer.
- Three-year visa offered (applicants are granted leave for three years at a time).
- You can bring your family members (successful innovators can bring their family members (spouses/partners and children under 18 can be brought into the UK); and extend your stay (successful innovators can apply to extend their stay for a further three years or to settle permanently in the UK).
- Each of the 3 three stages (initial application, extension, settlement) requires endorsement from an endorsing body.
- Please note that you will be required to provide proof of ID with a valid passport, evidence of funds and some additional evidence may be requested.
- All individuals on a Fashion Angel business support programme can request endorsement for their Innovator Visa application at no additional cost.
Please note: If accepted on our business support programme it means you meet initial eligibility criteria and the programme will help ensure you meet the endorsement criteria, but does not guarantee endorsement
If you’re thinking about applying for the visa we’re here to help you…
Fashion Angel can provide endorsement only for applicants that have joined one of our programmes and from our existing client base. We will only endorse applications that have used our Business Plan and Integrated Financials templates which have been tailor made for the fashion sector.
The support programmes will help you develop your business plan & meet the key criteria on which the assessment for endorsement is based on – innovation, viability and scalability. This includes:-
Business Plan Development – perfect if you are pre-start and plan start a fashion business in the UK. We will help you develop your business strategy & provide the Business Plan and Integrated Financial templates to be used when applying for a Start-Up or Innovator Visa.
Business Plan Review & Assessment – if you already have a business plan, we will assess and give feedback if your proposal presents a genuine, original business plan that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage and that meets the assessment criteria:-
- Innovation: Are you presenting an original business idea that meets new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage?
- Viability: Do you have the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and market awareness to successfully run the business?
- Scalability: Can you demonstrate the business model has potential for planned growth?
Issue Endorsements – if your business meet the criteria we will issue an endorsing letter with a secure reference number, which you will use to support your visa application with the Home Office.
Ongoing mentoring and business support – we will stay in touch with you at checkpoints after six and 12 and (in the Innovator category) 24 months, and assess your progress.
Visa Extensions – in the Innovator category, issue further endorsements for extension and settlement applications if required.
The first step is to complete our Start Up Enquiry Form or Innovator Enquiry Form to confirm eligibility and give us a synopsis of your business idea.
Please note: We will only be responding to initial enquiries upon completion and submission of our Enquiry Form. We also cannot respond to any enquires regarding the visa application process itself – please refer to the Home Office or your legal representative.
Find out more in our FAQ section.