Our popular ‘Getting It Made’ workshop is now online!
Discover how to select & work effectively with your fashion & accessory manufacturers
£76 Business Club Members
• Tickets must be booked in advance or you will be refused entry
• Business Club members receive a 20% discount but must reserve their place through the Eventbrite system using the promo code provided
• Booking is made via the Eventbrite online bookings system. Once you have confirmed your order, you will be directed to a secure Paypal website to pay.
• You don’t require a Paypal account to pay (you can use a credit or debit card), but if you do have a Paypal account, this can be used.
• Please print out your ticket and bring with you to the event.
• Participants are advised to arrive promptly otherwise the organisers may not allow them to join the session late as is disruptive to other delegates.
• Fashion Angel reserves the right to change the event advertised whether through the website www.http://fashion-angel.co.uk/ or any other promotional material
• Bookings are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organiser
Have you ever been let down by your manufacturer? Do you find it difficult to keep control of your costs and often struggle with quality control? One of the biggest challenges fashion and accessory brands face is working effectively with their manufacturers, whether they are managing production in the UK or overseas.
In our hugely popular “Getting it made” workshop, we address these issues and give you the skills to source and manage your production efficiency, and avoid expensive mistakes. We have seen amazing results from people who have attended this workshop and we now want to deliver this exclusive content online.
This programme is essential for fashion & accessory brands that plan to outsource their sampling & production, or are experiencing problems with their current manufacturers.
In this online course, we take you through the detailed process of sampling, production and quality control procedures which will help you to avoid costly mistakes.
Who’s this for?
This programme is essential for fashion & accessory brands that plan to outsource their sampling & production or is experiencing problems with their current manufacturers.
It will save you money by giving you an understanding of sampling, production and quality control procedures, and the systems you need to have in place in order to avoid expensive mistakes.
How is the course structured?
MODULE 1 – INTRODUCTION
- Overview of course content
- Overview of key stages in the production cycle
MODULE 2 – SOURCING & SELECTING MANUFACTURERS
- Production options available
- Sourcing your raw materials
- How to find potential manufacturers/agents
- Choosing and evaluating your manufacturers
- Producing in the UK vs Offshore –assessing which route to choose (interview)
MODULE 3 – MANAGING YOUR COSTS
- The 2 essential control documents needed to manage costs
- Understanding the key roles in product development
- What is a tech pack and why you need one.
- How to create a tech pack
- How to develop a costing sheet
- How to keep control of your costs
- Negotiating with suppliers
MODULE 4 PRICING YOUR PRODUCTS
- Getting the pricing right for your target customer
- The difference between wholesale & retail profit margins
- The difference between mark-ups and profit
- How to reduce costs
MODULE 5 FIT AND SAMPLE MANAGEMENT
- Fit procedures
- The sealed sample process
- Key checks when assessing samples
MODULE 6 PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
- The production management cycle
- Systems for effective production management
- How to communicate effectively with manufacturers
- Monitoring production
- Quality Control procedures
- Resolving disputes
MODULE 7 CRITICAL PATH MANAGEMENT
- What is a critical path?
- Identifying the key tasks
- Setting up systems to manage keep the critical path on track
MODULE 8 SUMMARY & NEXT STEPS
As a bonus each participant will receive the Fashion Angel Production Pack – which contains essential templates and guides that you can use for your own business AND a resource sheet with key supplier contacts.
On completion of the modules, you’ll have gained the confidence to communicate effectively with your suppliers and have the knowledge and skills to control your production.
Who’s teaching it?
With more than 15 years experience building her own successful fashion brand, founder, Alison Lewy (MBE) is no stranger to the struggles faced by fashion designers and entrepreneurs alike.
Her mission is to help passionate and ambitious fashion start ups to grow remarkable businesses. As a published author and consultant to luxury labels such as Matthew Williamson and Preen, Alison has distilled years of knowledge and insight into easily digestible, practical content that you can implement into your own business straight away.
Learn at your own pace within a timeframe and location that suits you.
What are people saying about the workshop?
This enjoyable and informative workshop has helped me understand the production process and I now feeling confident to work with manufacturers
Really enjoyed this workshop which covered a lot of areas I was concerned about. Looking forward to more sessions.
Thank you Alison, this was brilliant – perfectly pitched at the right level and love the templates.
Thanks so much for existing – this workshop is beneficial for all fashion designers.
We covered so much information and I’m now clearer how to move forward. I also found all the templates so useful.
I learned more from this seminar than I have from my whole university foundation course.