Crowdfunding is a hot topic among fashion designers / entrepreneurs and with good reason – with creative businesses finding it so hard to access loans and investment, any alternative options to raising finance must be taken seriously.
There is a growing number of fashion businesses that have had successful campaigns, however, overall fashion campaigns have the lowest success rate. In fact, just 29% of the fashion/clothing projects listed on Kickstarter to date have been successfully funded.
With the growing number of platforms and models, it’s essential to understand the differences between the options on offer to see which may be right for you.
As with all aspects of running a business, planning is the key to a successful campaign crowdfunding.
During this session we will be covering the following:
• An overview of crowdfunding
• The major differences between equity and reward based platforms
• A snapshot of some of the most popular platforms (and a few you may not know about)
• How to plan a crowdfunding campaign that people care about and actually fund
• The costs involved in running a campaign
• Case studies of successful fashion campaigns
• How to promote your campaign
• Tips on what it takes to succeed
By the end of the session you will have a better understanding of crowdfunding and if it’s right for your business, what it takes to succeed and have an action plan to help you launch your own campaign.