Fashion Angel announces the launch of a new competition for one lucky Fashion Angel Start Up Loan recipient, to win a place on Enterprise Nation’s Trade Mission to Berlin in May.
The competition, sponsored by the Start Up Loans Company, will give one lucky Fashion Angel Start Up Loan recipient, the chance to join the trade mission and connect with suppliers, buyers and influencers in the Berlin fashion scene and the wider German market.
On the mission, participants will be able to :-
1. Hear from trading platforms and payment providers on how to sell their fashion brand into Germany
2. Meet buyers looking for the products they have to sell
3. Take part in a one day pop-up to get immediate customer feedback and make sales
4. Discover the ins and outs of doing business in Germany
5. Meet fellow mission go-ers from the fashion sector
6. Connect with journalists taking part in the programme.
Details of the full programme are here.
Fashion Angel founder Alison Lewy, will also be joining the trip to offer additional support to the winner.
Alison Lewy, founder of Fashion Angel said ”We’ve helped 100’s of fashion businesses benefit from a start up loan and the Fashion Angel mentoring that comes with the programme. We’re delighted Start Up Loans are supporting one of our lovely fashion businesses with this amazing opportunity.
Exporting can be key to to a brand achieving growth and Germany is one of the 5 biggest export market’s for the UK. As with any new market, it’s important to do the market research and understand how business is conducted in different areas. This trade mission will give valuable insight i to the German Market, as well as the chance to make sales and get feedback on their product. I’m delighted to be joining the trip and to be giving additional support to the group”
Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation, said “Germany is the strongest economy in the EU and Berlin is right at the heart of its emerging position as an important player in the fashion world. It’s a city full of energy, it’s where it’s at creatively and where smaller, edgy fashion brands and suppliers can find good commercial opportunities.”
“The short concentrated mission will be a wonderful opportunity for small brands to pick up advice and build solid relationships to boost confidence and sales.”
The competition is open to fashion and accessory brands that have received a Start Up Loan via Fashion Angel
Entries will be judged by, Alison Lewy and Emma Jones.
Competition Launch: April 20th 2016
Deadline for entries: Thursday 28th April 2016, 11.59pm
Finalist notified: Wednesday 4th May 2016
For those not lucky enough to win, they can still join the trip and access our exclusive discount here
About Enterprise Nation
Enterprise Nation is a small business network with more than 75,000 members. Its aim is to help people turn their good ideas into great businesses – through expert advice, events, networking and a modern membership. Enterprise Nation was founded in 2005 by Emma Jones MBE also co-founder of StartUp Britain and one of the Prime Minister’s Trade Ambassadors.
Competition Terms and Conditions
• Fashion Angel is the promoter and solely responsible for all aspects of the Competition. Start Up Loans Company is only a prize sponsor.
• To enter, participants must meet the criteria set out and complete the online application and submit supporting images as requested.
•Entrants must hold a valid passport.
• Included in a Go Global Berlin mission place are flights, accommodation (inclusive of breakfast) & mission activity. Participants will be responsible for all other incidentals such as food & beverages, although there will be some food & beverage provided at some of the locations visited on the mission.
• The competition is open to UK residents only who have received a Start Up Loan via Fashion Angel.
• There is no cash alternative. Prizes are non-transferable.
• FA reserves the right to amend the prize content as necessary.
• Only one entry per business.
• Entrants must not falsify information – if they do this may lead to disqualification.
• Entrants acknowledge that by entering the competition they are authoring Fashion Angel, Enterprise Nation and Start Up Loans Company to contact them with relevant marketing information.
• Entrant’s data is covered by UK data protection laws and will not be passed to third parties.
• Entrants acknowledge that if they win the competition they must agree to be featured in promotional material on the promoter and sponsor’s websites.
•The winner agrees to provide content and participate in a written/video diary of the trip, if required
• The competition launches on 20th April 2016.
• The winner agrees to provide updates to Fashion Angel and Enterprise Nation on their businesses export progress for a period of 6 months after receipt of the prize being awarded by Fashion Angel and Start Up Loans Company, and agree to providing information about their business journey to Fashion Angel, Enterprise Nation and Start Up Loans Company for use as case studies.
• By entering the competition, the winner is agreeing to complete the full programme.
• Fashion Angel reserves the right to withdraw, change or cancel the competition at any time which will be posted www.fashion-angel.co.uk and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they are aware of any such changes.
• Judging of the entrants to the competition and selection of the winner from entrants will be performed by Alison Lewy, Fashion Angel & Emma Jones, Enterprise Nation.
• Applicants must accept the judges’ decision is final.
• Entries close: 23.59 on 28th April 2016.
• The Promoter : Fashion Angel 62 Sutton Crescent, Barnet, Herts, EN5 2SS.