A message from Fashion Angel’s founder, Alison Lewy MBE.
All of us have been affected in some way by the spread of the coronavirus and the Covid-19 outbreak. It’s obviously a challenging time for a small fashion business, and although the outcome is unclear, I would like to assure you that we are committed to delivering our fashion business support services and helping as many people as possible during this period.
This is the time to share, collaborate and support each other as best we can.
So what are we doing?
- The health and well-being of our team and customers are our top priority, so following government advice we are all working from home and internal/external meetings including the 1:2:1 mentoring will also be conducted via video conferencing, as we follow the government’s guidance on social distancing.
- Understandably we’re getting a lot of enquiries from fashion businesses looking for guidance. In order to reach as many people as possible, I’m running free weekly Fashion Founder Friday Q & A sessions at 11.30am, which gives everyone an opportunity to touch base, and ask any business related questions or discuss any concerns. Registration is here . In these times it’s good to talk!
- Start Up Loans and second loans are operating and available, based on the viability and affordability of the applicant. In fact, the most creative, innovative and disruptive businesses often come from times of uncertainty or difficulty, and a flexible Start Up Loan may be the best option to help you get started. If you already have a Start Up Loan and are facing difficulties do contact the finance partner as they will be supportive.
- We are now delivering our workshops as webinars, which gives the added convenience of being able to access from anywhere and having a permanent recording to refer to. The next session is our sourcing and production management Getting It Made on Wednesday 25th March at 2pm. There is also the option of the Getting It Made Online course which can be downloaded and watch at your convenience.
- Our Fashion Angel Business Club will come in to it’s own during this time. Silver & Gold members benefits include a suite of downloadable toolkits & a Suppliers Directory, as well as a private Facebook support group.
- Whether you’re a product or service led business, although revenues will be affected in the short term, this period of isolation gives you time to really focus on the overall business strategy and create content that will connect you to your community, thus building your brand. It’s also an opportunity to up-skill – there’s so many online courses and training programmes available, which you may not have had the time to consider before.
We will be updating this page as we add new areas of support, and also follow us on @FashionAngel1 on Twitter & Instagram for the latest news. If you have any suggestions of how we can support you further, please do drop me an email or message me on social media.
We will of course get through this, and come out the other side event stronger!
Warms wishes to you and your family, and stay safe.