As a follow up to our last post , we now have six more effective SEO Tips For Your Fashion Brand.
Hopefully you have started to implement some of the suggestions in part one of this post. Below as some further tips and areas to think about to improve your SEO and SERP (Search Engine Results) ranking:-
- Positive User Experience – Google is increasingly paying attention to the user experience and their algorithms take this in to consideration. Use high quality images ensuring the resolution and size is good enough to be sharp across all devices. Adding videos is the fastest and most engaging way to share content. Providing visitors with a positive experience will not only help your SEO, but also to generate leads, revenue, and encourage repeat visits.
- Sign up to Search Console – You need to do this in order to be crawled and indexed by Google. Search Console is a powerful tool and where you can monitor your site’s performance, identify issues, submit content for crawling & remove content you don’t want indexed. You can also view the most popular search queries that brought visitors to your site, monitor back-links, analyse your site’s impressions, clicks, and position. This is where Google will communicate with you should anything go wrong.
- Implement Voice Search – Customers appreciate convenience, and if they can will take the opportunity to ask questions before they make a purchase. Optimise your website for voice search queries so that users can ask via their mobile phone’s search assistant . Brands that respond quickly are more likely to convert the enquiry in to a sale .
- Optimise for RankBrain – RankBrain is a component of Google’s core algorithm which uses machine learning (the ability of machines to teach themselves from data inputs) to determine the most relevant results to search engine queries. This is Google’s third most important ranking factor, after links and content. It understands search queries and measures how people interact with results as well as bounce rate, dwell time and organic click-through rates. It then experiments with results to see which combination of the algorithms provide the customer with best results.
- Secure your website – if you haven’t done so already, switch to HTTPs. This is especially important for fashion brands selling online, since you are collecting personal details and users have to trust you with payment information. It’s also VERY important, to be transparent in communicating your security compliance to users.
- Register for Google Analytics –Creating an account with Google analytics and linking to your platform is free, and allows you to track and report on your website performance in real time. It provides insight in to the demographics of site visitors, the performance of a specific campaign, and how long people are staying on your site. You can see what is working and what needs to be improved. There’s no need to pay for any other analytics service as this offers detailed reports on all aspect of your website performance.
SEO is a fast-paced and dynamic field and it is crucial for you to stay well informed and to track and understand emerging trends, algorithmic changes, technological advancements and audience. You should be measuring what works (or doesn’t) and making continuous improvements to give your website the best chance of being found by visitors, and then converting them in to customers.
Hopefully our two SEO focused posts have helped you get a better understanding of how SEO works. For more help with selling online and increasing sales BOOK A PLACE at our popular Selling Fashion Online seminar, 27th February at the British Library.
By Augusta Hajalie